Fnysegoder

Friday, January 28, 2005

Music - a great fnysegode

Music has always been an important part of my life and a major reason why I decided to learn HTML as a student back in 1994, within a year I managed half a dozen unofficial artist websites - including Joy Division, The Young Gods, Apoptygma Berzerk and Seigmen. But it all ended when I graduated in 1996, though the music has stayed with me since.

So, what do I listen to now? Well, the simple answer would be Silverbullit, a swedish band that released a wonderful album called "Arclight" late in November 2004. Their CD is currently spinning on eternal repeat in my diskman. It's powerful, drawing on musical elements from such different artists as Neil Young, Joy Division and english shoegazer-rock! And with the odd synth or two skillfully added.

There's a lot of great, new music out there, of which I'll return later, but I still receive my greatest and most complete "melt downs" when listening to old records by artists such as Sonic Youth, Pixies, Joy Division, My Bloody Valentine, Front 242 etc. I'm an 80's freak ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home